Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Praise Report from Haiti!!!!!!

WOW!!! (Stands for Wonder of Wonders for those non-Quisqueya Chapelers out there) You know, my favorite line from a movie(with the possible exception of "Son, you can't go through life fat, drunk, and stupid" from Animal House) has to be the line by Aslan when he is answering Susan as to why he didn't come when they called for him in Prince Caspian, "I never do things the same way twice." God has always amazed me that way. He always comes through, but He never seems to do it the same way twice. There was one time when the rent was due on the Baby's house on Catalpa on November 1st and it was for $11,000 U.S. We had around $2,500 in the bank and no idea where the money was going to come from. About 3 days before the rent was due a new donor from the New England states sent $10,000 out of the clear blue sky. Another time, when the rent was due on the boy's house and we didn't have the $8,500 a new donor that was friends of one of our adoptive families, made a bank draft for the total amount. Let's not forget we are a faith ministry here folks, but God just keeps strengthening my faith when I thought I had it all under control. Well, here it was rent time again, and guess what, you got it. I sent out a plea for help, (only God could understand how much that galls me) and you folks stepped up to the plate.

One of our adoptive parents made a $1,000 matching challange, then another adoptive parent jumped on the band wagon and extended the challange to a total of $2,000. Again, you guessed it. The challange officially ended on Wednesday, but I am elated to pass on to you that the challange is officially closed, and then some. We went over the top to the tune of about $800 earlier this afternoon. Now, I am not saying to stop giving, that would be like totally stupid; but please don't feel compelled by the challange. Listen to God and do what He tells you. BTW - We had a couple of $500 donations along with a $1,000 donation, but there were lots of $20. $50, $100, and even a $200 donation that all counted into the challange. You, the people of God, have done a marvelous work and I am pretty sure that God is sitting up in Heaven smiling down on His people and how they all pulled together to make this happen. Blessings from Haiti!!!

No comments: