"Be still and know that I am God."
Well, tonight CC is sleeping on American soil...yet he's still in Haiti. The whole crew of 56 children and orphanage directors and other staff and even an American team that just arrived yesterday are sleeping at the US Embassy. They decided to sleep inside the gate so that they could be first in line tomorrow morning!
It's hard to imagine that I have a son who is sleeping outside on the ground without a pillow...not to mention the fact that the only time I think he's had a pillow is the time we went down to visit him and he slept with us in the motel...he got to sleep on a pillow then. I remember him wanting to share mine! =) I know there is so much more to be concerned with about his safety and comfort besides pillows..but this is easier for me to think about right now. He will definitely be getting a nice pillow when he comes home.
My mom made a quilt for him in two days! It is so soft! He's never used or maybe needed a blanket either. The beds at the orphanage had plastic sheets (sometimes they used plastic table cloths made to fit the mattress) and then a sheet over that. No pillow. No blanket. My kids here have a pillow...some of them have two! They all have special allergy cover things for their mattresses. And this seems kinda crazy since i'm trying to help with dustmites with those allergy covers...but they each are sleeping with some sort of stuffed animal...even the big girls! =) CC will get to learn all about all the bedtime amenities we have wont he? I hope he's sleeping ok tonight. I hope he's not sick. They said 26 of the children are sick. Some needing medical care badly.
Today they were told by the embassy that they needed more paperwork. So a wonderful man named Junior "ran around town" gathering all kinds of documents and such and now they hope to have everything needed so that tomorrow clearance can be given and arrangements to fly out can be done. We were told that they will be flying into Dayton then chartered buses will be picking them up and taking them on to a church in Lima where we will get to pick him up.
The whole transportation experience will be something these kids will be amazed with. When we went to Haiti, CC hadn't ridden in a car for a very long time. It was so fun listening to his French-Creole as he excitedly talked about what he was seeing while Hal drove us around! The roads are so bad in Haiti though that we never went over 30 miles per hour maybe even less than that! That bus trip will probably be something else to him!
We are all praying here. As Tim and I sat at the dinner table tonight after everyone else had vamoosed. Our little 4 year old foster sweetheart ran past us and into the living room chanting, "I hope CC comes home tomorrow." .....we all hope that sweeety! I told Tim tonight that we don't have a vehicle to fit us all! We have 2 8-passenger vans, but we will need room for 9 now! =) He hadn't thought about that. I asked him if he ever thought back in '88 if we'd ever have 7 kiddos around the table...he said, "The thought never entered my mind." .....funny me either! =)
Dear Lord, You are the one in charge here. All this plus ALL THIS is in Your amazingly capable hands! I love resting here. I love the comfort in knowing that You are in control. This is a wonderful place to be. Help me stay here. Help me even when I get up out of this comfy recliner to not leave the comfy place of peace that You have given to me. The grace dear Lord that You have given that enables us to function and walk the path You have for us is overwhelming. You have CC in Your hands too. You have all the Haiti orphans in Your hands. And because of this I can rest. I have a God who loves orphans. I have a God who cares. I know You will shield and protect their eyes from the horror, their bodies from sickness, and their minds from evil. No man can stand in the way of the path that You have ordained for CC. We are his family and he needs to come home. You are my Love and my Trustworthy Father. I don't need to place this in Your hands...it's already there. Thank you Jesus. Thank you for it all. I love you.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Waiting some more
Posted by
danellejoy
at
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment