Sunday, January 27, 2008

Brown Bear, Brown Bear

We have a winner! I read Brown Bear, Brown Bear to the boys when they called today and they seemed to really like it! They especially liked the "green frog" page. This book has nice colorful illustrations that take up 2 pages and a nice sing-song type rhythm to it. I think it'll become a staple in our conversations...maybe they'll get familiar enough with it to guess what animal comes next. They were both much more vocal today. I absolutely loved hearing their little voices! I also read The Very Hungry Caterpillar---sort of---I kinda' improvised...they liked it when I showed them the cocoon that the caterpillar "slept in" then asked them what happens next..one of them answered "butterfly" and they loved the picture of the beautiful butterfly at the end!

We also sang The Wise Man and The Foolish Man and I've never seen CC so "into" anything we've sang or talked about as when we sang that song! He seemed to really like it and knew all the motions (both CC and JP did!)

They also told me that they had cookies for lunch! I showed them a cookie that we had here and they liked that. We also took the little SKYPE camera and pointed it out the window so they could see the snow we had here! They seemed to like that too!

So cute! I am so so thankful that we get these calls! Blowing kisses has never meant so much!

No comments: