I'm feeling like I should update this blog, however, I've not been in a writing mood and I'm pretty sure this is going to be a just-the-facts type post. Makes me sad because I know I'm gonna want to come back and read this later!
Still praying for those affected by Hurrican Gustav. Haiti faired pretty well. At least those at the orphanage where CC is.
We have been in the midst of some big decisions here this summer. We've taken 56 hours of foster training. Our case-worker wants to get us licensed by Sept 22. We've decided to foster children ages 5 and under for now. We bought another set of bunk beds this weekend and I'm going to try to put the crib together sometime this week.
The girls are sharing a room now and have painted it, made curtains, pillows and are working on 2 quilts! They also painted shelves, name plaques and have really made it a nice little hide-away! I'm so proud of them. For lots of reasons...but mostly for being so selfless when it comes to giving up some things for our new family endeavors. They are living for God and trying to do things His way...and it makes me happy!
LClay has decided to wait to paint his room until CC comes home. He wants to let him help decide what color. Proud of that boy too!
Tim is working on our addition with the help of my dad and his dad. He's a busy man trying to make more room for our growing family.
Still no movement with CC's adoption. And we haven't heard anything about his surgery. =(
I bought a journal form of STREAMS IN THE DESERT and I'm enjoying it so much! Seems like God is using it to prepare me for this new phase in our lives. Leaving comfort-zones and trying to obey is not always easy. I'm so glad that God has promised to never leave us.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Adoption, Foster parenting and Life
Posted by
danellejoy
at
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment