Monday, September 8, 2008

Poetry by KFaith

Kfaith wrote a poem last week for Poetry. She is in 8th grade this year. I didn't have any guidelines...just wanted them to be creative. I love this poem. We have a new little puppy named Honey, who is much loved by the kids, but Kfaith especially seems to remember to take her for walks and stuff. She also has been noticing that authors don't always put end quotes on their writing when their quote goes to the next paragraph, so she is experimenting with that technique.

The ending surprised me! I thought this was just going to be a cute little poem about puppies!

Puppy, Puppy
9-4-08

“Puppy, puppy, when will you learn,
Stop biting my hand, Honey.
You bite again,” I seriously warn,
“I will not make your day very sunny.

“Puppy, puppy, when will you learn,
Stop chasing the poor little cat.
You chase her again,” I seriously warn,
“I’ll tie you up and that’s that.

“Puppy, puppy, when will you learn,
Stop jumping up on my legs.
You leap up again,” I seriously warn,
“I will teach you to beg.

“Puppy, puppy when will we learn,
We are very much like you,
‘If you sin,’ God seriously warned,
‘I have to condemn men and women too.’ "

“Puppy, puppy, when will we learn,
We sinned and ate a slice.
God said, ‘I told you and I warned,
So I will pay the price.’ ”



Kfaith

No comments: