Monday, April 27, 2009

Baseball and Growin' Up!


I'm so proud of this boy! For lots of his "inside" qualities...mostly. He is learning so much! Learning how to be a big brother at age 10 isn't easy, yet he's handled it with much grace. I heard him saying good-night to our Sweety (foster-daughter) and the last thing he said was, "See ya' tomorrow." After prayers he hugs her and all like the rest of us, but this little extra attention after she had her 7 minutes of "extra-time" was so special because it wasn't "required."


He is playing baseball and this weekend he had 2 scrimmages and got to pitch 3 innings. The first 2 innings he struck out his first 3 batters! Third inning no one got on base! So that's another reason to be proud of him.

I have to say, though, that my mother's heart is most proud of the way he's becoming a nice young man. He is such a blessing to me!

No comments: