We got to talk to the boys again today! So hard to keep our plans to ourselves and not tell them we are going to be visiting! But we know that a month to a 4 yo can feel like eternity, and we're scared they would think we were lying to them after a couple of days of us not showing up. Waiting to break the news to them until the middle of March seems like the best way to handle it. It's funny but that "ache" that I always felt previously, after a phone call from them, wasn't present today! I was able to say "Good-bye", blow kisses, and watch the screen fade away, knowing that in just a short time we'd be hugging them for real!
Oh, today something happened while we were talking...not sure if it was something I inadvertently said, or something there at the orphanage (probably the latter) but anyway, something really tickled them and they both laughed together for a few precious seconds! It was so neat to see their big smiles and hear their giggles if only for a fleeting few seconds! I can't wait to make them laugh and hug them! I want to laugh with them as much as I want to hug them, I think. How I pray that they want that to happen too!
I think that these phone calls we've had will help them to not be quite so frightened of us...they've heard our voices, we've sang all kinds of songs together, they've seen our goofy faces, heard us saying their names. I think that all that will help tremendously when we meet them for the very first time.
By the way, DeAnne, if you're reading, they love the "Mama-lamma, Cumma-lamma, Cummala Pizza" song! And the song they really seemed to like today was "Deep and Wide."
Blessings!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
phone call Sunday
Posted by
danellejoy
at
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment