Tuesday, April 15, 2008

the FOG

This picture was taken in the very first hour of our being with CC and JP. For some reason the "Night-time" setting on our camera makes things look blurry in the background sometimes...thought it "worked" for this entry though! =)

JP and me.

"For He is not a God of confusion and disorder but of peace and order..." 1Cor14:33
I know this verse is dealing with speaking in tongues and prophesying, but it still says that God is not a God of confusion. So why do I feel like I'm confused as much as I do? I'm not confused about the big things...like salvation, God's love for me, His provision and protection, but some decisions in life can be confusing.

When they told us about JP, it was like God gave us the peace we needed to use our time with CC to the full extent. We had so much fun getting to know him. And we were not ready to think beyond him and praying for a miracle for JP.

Now that we're home and things are sinking in a little more...we just want a clear vision of what it is we're supposed to do now. A good friend of mine said, sometimes the way isn't made perfectly clear, so that we learn to trust God a bit more. I think that's how she put it. I want a clear line of sight, but I also want that Faith that comes from knowing He's got it all under control.

I would like it if God parted the fog and let us in on things like; how many children should we adopt? and when? and how? and where? and what subjects are the most important for my chidren to be doing for school? and what will benefit them the most for their futures? Those are probably the 2 most pressing issues right now for me, adoption and schooling.

Our pastor at church has an internet nickname, Defogger, I like that! He really is a defogger of sorts. He helps put a light on God's word every week for us, his flock. =) But I know Who the Ultimate defogger is! I know I need to spend more time in His Word to get out of the "fog"...I don't like being confused. I want a clear vision plus a growing faith, Please Lord, can I have both? ;-)

"If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God Who gives to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him." (James 1:5)

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but He has given us a spirit of power and of love and of a calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control." (2Tim 1:7)

"I give thanks to Him Who has granted me the needed strength and made me able for this, Christ Jesus our Lord, because He has judged and counted me faithful and trustworty, appointing me to this stewardship of the ministry." (1Tim 1:12)

No comments: