Thursday, April 17, 2008

Isaiah 30:21


"And your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left."

Just another verse to give me hope while in the midst of the decision-making fog. I know He's gonna make the way clear.

Sometimes I think God tells before you turn and sometimes after you turn...don't you think? Sometimes you know based on scripture, prayer, advisors, what you should do before you do it...other times you turn and see if there's peace...that's how you figure it out. This is a case where we kinda' need to know before the turn.

"Patience is not just learning to wait, but learning to wait with a good attitude." =) Joyce Meyer said that. And I'm so not there yet. But it's a good goal! And something I somehow think I'll have plenty of experience to practice, before this adoption is all said and done! ;-)

For the most part we've been taking one step at a time all through our lives as a married couple. Just praying that God opens and closes the doors that He needs to, in order for us to stay on His path. There have been times, I think, where we've seen maybe a glimpse of the bigger picture...but alot of the decisions have been just one step at a time. In this case, we're just not sure of the next step. We've been here before and God has always been faithful to lead. It's just a matter of us waiting and being patient with His leading...not always easy. =/

Funny, but M picked "He Leadeth Me" for the hymn that we're singing this Sunday at church!

No comments: