Monday, June 1, 2009

Trying and Smarts

"God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try."
~Mother Teresa


We have lots of decisions we are praying about during the month of June. We go on vacation this month and will be doing alot of praying, discussing, and listening to God...my heart and head need this vacation.

Our little foster darling hasn't ever been camping or any type of vacation. She loves the outdoors, so I'm pretty sure she's gonna love it!

M.Grace will be going to a Journalism Camp...we are excited for her...she needs prayer too...lots of decisions for her as well! I can't tell you how thankful I am that God has let me be mom to her and K. Faith and L. Clay. They teach me so much!

K. Faith had a birthday last week..she is now 14...I cannot believe she is growing up so fast! I told her that she got all her oineriness out during birth. She was turned face up and therefore I had terrible back labor...but ever since then she's been a true jewel. So content with life from a very early age. Our precious K. Faith.

Back to the quote by Mother Teresa...we are trying....sometimes it feels like we are somewhat succeeding...other times not so much....but we are trying. There's CC's adoption...so slow...so agonizing to get pictures from other visiting families...why are we still waiting for a birth certificate? And then too, what are we supposed to do about foster darling? An adoption case-worker has been assigned to her. Decisions will have to be made soon. I'm so glad God is so much smarter than me...I'm glad we have His wisdom when we but ask for it...I need it about now, God.

Speaking of Wisdom...
This morning I panicked..well, sort of. M Grace told me something that made me worry. I quickly high-tailed it to my room and threw up one of those "God, help me" prayers.."You are smart..I am not"-type prayers. Then proceeded to clean the basement still sort of talking to God, but not coming up with any, ahem, profound words of wisdom to share with her.

Later I found out that while I was cleaning/praying she was having her quiet time with God and He worked it all out. With a huge gush of peace and amazement, I cried with relief. (Well, I shed a couple of tears anyway)...It was as if He was telling me, "I heard you, Mama, and I love her too, you know. Let me handle this one."

OK, Lord she's all Yours. Once again, I will remember that Your way is the best. You are WAY smarter!

No comments: