Friday, January 16, 2009

PLAY DOH!


It's a marvelous thing!
I'm finally figuring out how to keep little ones (ages 2 & 3) busy...had to relearn that little talent...it's been a long time since we had wee ones! Our youngest is 9. Of course I say, "little ones"...but when MacKrea and Kaitlyn saw all the fun we were having they had to join in too! And MacKrea calls this picture her "make-over" picture. ;-)

We used the timer alot this morning...not for time-outs but for activity-times. Play-doh time lasted through 2 "Timers" ...About 40 minutes! And then we had 20 minutes of excercising (Walk-Away the Pounds) and then 20 minutes of reading time 20 minutes of puzzles....This weekend is going so much better than our last respite weekend when we had this same set of 3 kiddos. I just forgot how organized you have to be!

We read THE MITTEN by Jan Brett before nap-time and they loved it! I think when they wake up we'll make a pretend mitten out of a blanket and see if we can fit!
I'm gonna TRY a 20 minute cleaning time too...with dust rags for all! =) I'll let you know how it goes!

Our big kids are at my parents now. Girls are quilting, and Levi I'm sure is busy helping Pap with something. They cut out alot of "swords" and "guns" with my dad's saws.

It is so cold out! 17 below with the wind-chill! "Stupid Cold" the radio announcer said!

No comments: