Monday, March 17, 2008

FLU?--Can you please pray?

I have had some kind of weird flu for the last 4 days. K had it a week or so ago with almost the same symptoms..just not as quite intense...she didn't have the fever that I had..just a slight one. I had a temp of 101 on Fri and Sat then Sun woke up with 100.4. I took 3 ibuprofen and went to church...not to spread my germs, but because I had to play for the Easter cantata... which God definitely helped me get through!

After the cantata I came home laid down for maybe 30 minutes got up ate some Chinese that Tim had brought home and felt like a new person! Fever was gone and I went to praise band practice thinking that I was done being sick! Only to come home and about 30 minutes later end up back in bed with chills and a fever again!!

This morning I thought all was well. We got through Bible, History, Geo, and Read-Alouds when I just HAD to go back to bed and within seconds was chilling again and when I took my temp it was 101.6! And earlier it was 97.9---not even NORMAL for crying out loud!

Kids did their independent work anyway though...even though Mama was down for the count! I spent the rest of the day in bed until about 7:30 I think, when I decided that maybe my head would quit pounding if I sat up on the couch (that worked by the way!)

All that to say, I'm going to the dr. tomorrow...Tim is pretty much making me. I don't think they're gonna be able to do a thing for me. And I'll end up contracting some other weird flu while I'm there! But that is probably the wrong attitude. I just want to be healthy! I have 8 days to pack and get ready for Haiti and I need all the time I can get! PLUS we BOTH need to be healthy for Haiti. Tim is not allowed to get this! I just read a quote by somebody that said, "You can tell the size of your God by the size of your worry...if your worries are big, your God is small...worries are small, your God is big." I know my God is BIG, so..... ;-) refusing to worry! starting NOW!

I am going to pray instead!

No comments: