Monday, March 3, 2008

"Just Go"

We watched a DVD last night called "Sara Groves- Just Showed Up for my Own Life." We were able to interlibrary loan it---I highly recommend it! It is just really really good! I ran and got a pen and paper to take notes...not a normal thing for me to do during a movie! It was that good!

One of the first things she said was, "If it's one thing I'm learning... it is... to just....GO." There were lots of things that spoke to my heart that she said, but this was probably the most reassuring. I've been excited about GOing to Haiti to meet our boys...but also nervous. I can't say that I've been so nervous that is was stealing my Joy about going..but nevertheless, there's some apprehension that goes with doing something you've never done before, even if you feel it's what God would have you do. And of course the feelings of, "Are we doing the right thing?" "Are we sure this is what God wants us to do?" "How are we going to leave our kids here?" and then "How are we going to leave our boys there?" ... I don't know, just lots of questions kind of nagging at me.

SO, when God reassures, that's always way-cool! Not only to "Go" to Haiti (for us) but to just "Go" when we feel Him speaking to our hearts to do whatever it is, as long as, it's scripturally-correct. =) That's a Fun word! Instead of "politically-correct" maybe? =)

But really, when we feel a tug or desire to do something that lines up with His word and go through the steps of praying and seeking counsel, then all we need to do is... just GO.


"Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Josh 1:9

Thank you, God.


"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor. 4:18

One foot in front of the other.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Prov. 3:5-6

So, here we Go. ;-)






PS..If you decide that you want to give a pair of shoes for the kids at HIS home that's great...just get em to us by Easter Sunday,please. And if you want to give money for us to buy shoes or workbooks, Easter is fine too...we plan on a shopping trip on the 24th, before we leave, to buy whatever we can fit into our suitcases! If we happen to have money left over...(thinking big, aren't I?)....we will give it to Chris and Hal to use, at their discretion, for the kids.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Christ UMC will put a page in their Sunday bulletin on the 16th detailing the shoe and school supply need. I'll bring anything collected on Easter, to your house Sunday eve. Pastor Russ thought this a great endeavor. Joy